With tracezillas integration to e-conomic you can sync your customers, suppliers, SKUs and services. Your partners will be synced, too.
To integrate to e-conomic, click your company name in the right side of the top menu and select Company settings. The integration requires that you already have an account with e-conomic.
Step 1/7: Connect
We recommend that you are logged in to your e-conomic account (with superuser access) at the same time, so tracezilla will be able connect immediately.
- Click the Company name in the upper right corner. Select Company settings.
- Click Built-In Integrations.
- Click Connect and configure in the section e-conomic.
- Click the button Connect.
- Click Add app.
The integration is now connected and ready to configure.
Step 2/7: Syncronization of partners
In tracezilla, the term ‘partners’ cover both suppliers and customers. A partner can both be a supplier and a customer and you avoid having to two acounts for the same partner. Make sure the name of the supplier/customer is identical to be sure the partner is created as one in tracezilla.
You can give your partner a tag. The fields is autofilled with the tag ‘Customer’ and ‘Supplier’. Select a default customer group and supplier group in e-conomic.
In the future, your partners will be syncronized every time you create a new partner in tracezilla. This means that customers will automatically be created in e-conomic and placed as default in the group you selected in this step. The same goes for the supplier. Afterwards you can place the customer or supplier in another group if relevant.
Step 3/7: Syncronization of SKUs and services
When you create new SKUs in tracezilla, they will be syncronized to e-conomic. You can select a default productgroup for SKUs and for services. They can afterwards be placed in a different product group.
If you have already defined your productgroups in e-conomic e.g. raw material, packaging, freight etc. these will be transfered to tracezilla the first time you sync.
If you already have created some SKUs and services in tracezilla , you can get them tranfered by selecting Yes in the field Create SKUs and Services from tracezilla in e-conomic.
When you start using tracezilla, you can get your SKUs transfered to tracezilla from e-conomic by selecting Yes in the field Load products from e-conomic and create them as SKUs and Services in tracezilla.
Thereby a drop-down menu will apear. Indicate which productgroups should be syncronized as services and as SKUs.
Step 4/7: Syncronization of expenses
You can set up your integration so that selected expenses will be transferred from e-conomic to tracezilla or vice versa. This is optional. The aim is to make a good cost management by linking costs to specific lots or orders and thereby say something real about the price of the goods.
This requires that you have enabled Actual Cost Pricing in the extensions. To do that, go to your Company settings and click Go To in the subsection Extensions & Integrations under Extensions.
Select whether you want to transfer expenses from tracezilla to e-conomic or vice versa in the section In which direction should expenses be transferred?
Whether you select the one or the other direction depends how you want to manage your expenses:
- If you choose to pull your expenses from e-conomic to tracezilla, you must create your expenses in e-conomic. This is the preferred setup for most companies because it follows the natural flow of posting of all other expenses in e-conomic. We recommend that you put a note on the expense when you post it to make it easier to see what the expense concerns when you transfer it to tracezilla. PLEASE NOTE that the actual cost pricing must be enabled in Company settings > Extensions in order to be able to pull expenses from e-conomic.
- If you choose to transfer expenses from tracezilla to a GL journal in e-conomic, you must create your expenses in tracezilla. We recommend that you choose this setup if the person who posts GL entries in the accounting system does not have sufficient insight in the core business to know what the expenses concern. The disadvantage of this method is that it may not follow the general flow or any automization of posting expense entries in your company that you may have.
Step 5/7: Sales
You can transfer the invoices you create in tracezilla to e-conomic in two ways:
- As a regular invoice in e-conomic. You should create your invoices as a regular invoice unless you need to invoice advanced VAT. With this setup you can use the dashboard in e-conomic and e-conomics app integration. We recommend this setup.
- As a manual invoice. If you need to invoice advanced VAT, you should choose to created your invoices as manual invoices. Then your invoices are tranfered to e-conomic using General Ledger Journals. Indicate which journal in e-conomic you wish to transfer the invoices to. You can create a new journal just for tracezilla entries.
You can also select No syncing.
Guess invoice attachment when pulling payment status
tracezilla will register automatically when an invoice is marked as payed in e-conomic and will change the payment status in tracezilla.
If a customer pays an invoice twice or the amount of money in a different way that doesn’t match the information indicated on the invoice, tracezilla will try to guess the connection by looking at the invoice number in the entry-text.
Step 6/7: Inventory Valuation & COGS
You can choose to use the expected or the actual inventory value when transfering the value from tracezilla to e-conomic. Read more about inventory valuation here.
tracezilla use the expected inventory value as a default. If you want to use the actual inventory value, you need to enable Actual Cost Pricing. To do that, go to your Company settings and click Go To in the subsection Extensions & Integrations under Extensions.
The inventory value in tracezilla is transfered to the selected GL journal in e-conomic. Then it can be transfered to the relevant GL accounts.
If the fields in the section Default GL accounts isn’t autofilled, you can create some accounts for the purpose.
Step 7/7: Enable integration
Confirm that you want to enable the integration.