You can connect your e-mail domain name with your tracezilla account so that the e-mails you send from tracezilla have your e-mail address as the sender. It also allows the recipient to reply to the email directly to your email address.
If you do not connect your email domain name, the sender will be email@example.com but with your company name as the sender.
To connect your email domain name, do the following:
1. Find out who your DNS host is, ie. which web host your domain is affiliated with (eg one.com, unoeuro.com etc.).
If you are in doubt about who your DNS host is, you can quickly find out by going to this page, for example: https://mxtoolbox.com/DNSLookup.aspx and typing your domain name in the search field.
2. Once you have found your DNS host, log in to your account. Go to the control panel and click where it says ‘Add new DNS record’ or similar.
3. Log in to your tracezilla account at the same time; click on your profile picture in the top right corner and click Connect Email Domain in the drop-down menu. Enter your domain name and click Connect.
A list of DNS posts will now be displayed. In the example below, tracezilla.com is used as a domain name:
4. From your tracezilla account, copy the following to your DNS host:
- “CNAME” - this should be inserted next to the field Type
- “1 hour” (recommended) – this should be inserted next to the field To
- The host name, eg. “em9279” - must be inserted to the field Name. In most cases the host name must be copied and inserted without the dot and without the domaine name. The example here shows the third DNS record. The same must be done with the other three lines.
- The value, eg.”u8482051.wl052.sendgrid.net.” - must be inserted to the field Value. Usually, a dot must be inserted at the end of each line (as shown here). But this is not always the case. It depends on your DNS host.
The example above is based on the third DNS record in the screen shot. The same must be done with the other three lines.
5. Click Connect.
6. Check the configuration: Click your company name in the top right corner select again Connect Email Domain in the drop down menu. Click Check Configuration. Check that the information is correct.